29 Aug College Applications: Are you and your teen ready for the next step?
A Couple of Open Spots for College Counseling.
As some of you might know, over the past five years, in addition to planning college visits, I have guided a number of students through the college application/admission process.
The feedback I have received has been wonderful. And more importantly, the students have been happy with their college choices!
Applying to college can be a daunting process, and it’s easy for both parents and teens to go into overwhelm mode. I have personally been through the process twice–so I get it.
Throughout the years, I have developed and honed my methodology and I believe there are certain aspects of my process that are unique and helpful to each family. For instance:
- Encouraging students to keep the lines of communication open (e.g., I don’t limit the number of meetings per week)
- Keeping parents informed but allowing much of the planning process to be between myself and the student
- Customizing each student’s application timeline/work plan to allow for their unique work style and personality
A number of my students are now preparing for an exciting freshman year, which opens up a couple of spots for new counseling clients.
- Is your student ready to start down this path?
- Are you thinking you might need an independent counselor to guide your teen through the process?
If so, please give me a call or send me a email. Let’s discuss your teen’s college goals, my process, and where we might start. Please keep in mind distance is not an issue. I’m always available by email, phone, Skype and text, and I have spent many a Sunday morning or very late night communicating with teens from around the globe.
I look forward to hearing from you.
janice at customcollegevisits.com