Simple Student Visa Application Process & New Policies

by | Aug 5, 2021 | College Search, Our Blog | 0 comments

Student Visa Application Process & New Policies

Shared with permission of World Trade Center Palm Beach 

With U.S. travel restrictions currently remaining in place. It is vital that students either wishing to visit or attend US colleges or current college students familiarize themselves with the current U.S. travel restrictions by reading any presidential proclamation in effect.

Recently Anthony Korda, Esq wrote a in-depth article titled Recent Developments in Student Visa Application Processes. We thought it was important to share a blurb the article and a link to the original piece.

By Anthony Korda, Esq.

Recent Developments in Student Visa Application Processes

In order for a foreign-national to come to the United States a visa is required. This may be an immigrant visa or a non-immigrant visa for a temporary stay. Although the children of certain non-immigrant visa holders (E-1/2, L-1, H-1 etc.) may attend school or college in the United States, they are generally only permitted to remain in the U.S. as dependents until they reach the age of 21.

There are essentially two types of (non-immigrant) Student Visas that will enable a citizen of a foreign country to enter the U.S. and attend school or college or a vocational program.

Subject to the few exceptions above, if a foreign-national wishes to come to the U.S. to study, they will need a student visa.

To attend University or College, High School, Private Elementary School, Seminary, Conservatory or other academic institution (including a language training program) an F-Visa is required. Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institutions (other than a language training program) require an M-Visa.

Foreign-nationals who enter on a visitor visa (B-1/2 or Visa Waiver) may not study in the U.S. unless it is recreational study as part of a tourist visit.

Students on a distance learning program that requires a period of time at the institution’s campus in the U.S. must also first obtain a student visa prior to entering the United States.

If you would like to read the rest of this in-depth and informative article and learn more about the author Anthony Korda, Esq., the owner of The Korda Law FirmRead follow this link: New polices student Visa application process